Is now the summer of my discontent ?

Dear Monty,

17/5/13  The darling buds break and my mind swirls in a strange fog.

The trees are theatrically lit - silver, lime green, yellow, gold and red - wine red - a wine gum luminescence.

There is blue reflecting off the path stones - I am content.

To me this garden is as good as Allt-y-Bela, but I am no Arne Maynard.



I watch as it develops - like a slow motion film.

I realise that discontent breeds unhappiness - it is a spiralling path to a place of shadows where living becomes just functioning.
The more I am discontent - the more miserable I become - I look for what I believe I deserve but cannot find it.

When I saw the garden this morning it reminded me why I started writing letters to you, I too have the privilege of having a space where I can breathe. My jewels are scattered but they radiate to a level that pleases my eye.

The more content we are with whatever we have the happier we are.




Paul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weariness and the NGS

Letter to Monty Don 48

Monty, where does the road take us ?