Letter to Monty 33

Dearest Monty,


Watched the Malvern GW last night, and I am now convinced that you are a genuine bloke, and that your love of gardening is a true love.

Why is it so hard to be happy just being a quiet soul ? Step out of Twitter or Facebook or blogger and what do you see ?

I got so excited last week when James A Sinclair 'followed' me...how sad is that !?

In the real world of my Ystalyfera garden today, I redefined the path edges by cutting the grass with a pair of scissors, and have the blisters to prove it. I replaced the turf by the first pot on the 'lawn', I brought out the seedlings to harden them off. Then I just suddenly realised how fortunate I am to have a garden, I don't need to be a medal winner or horticulturally perfect, I can just marvel at new leaves in the sunshine.





I did marvel at James' hat last night.

As a card that a friend recently bought me says...'if you want to be happy forever take up gardening'.

Goodnight  Monty.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weariness and the NGS

Letter to Monty Don 48

Monty, where does the road take us ?