Singing

Dear reader,



The African head sings
For Spring is here today
Both in leaf and heart

But she can be a fickle season
Her warmth genuine and embracing one minute
Then cold and distant the next

But she has not slipped back into Winter
There is no longer dormancy here
I long for her warm embrace

I long for it.



I have visited my first garden of the year - Slade Garden in Southerndown. Home to NGS  ngs.org.uk County organiser Rosamund Davies.
The garden is formed around a sweeping vista and woodland - a bit grander than my little plot.



We are slowly overcoming the disasters of winter - my son rebuilt the roof of the vine house/greenhouse and the next job is to sow seeds from higgledygarden.com  I know it will be a bit late but hopefully there will be enough plants to both fill gaps and sell at our opening on 2-3 rd June.



Inspired by the magnificent magnolia at Slade - I bought a Magnolia Stellata with the proceeds from a painting I sold, and am now moving it around the garden to find its place.


Spring is here and now unstoppable.

Paul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to Monty Don 48

Weariness and the NGS

Monty, where does the road take us ?