National Garden Scheme opening 1st and 2nd June 2019

Dear reader,



You might be suffering from garden overload  after watching the extensive coverage of the Chelsea Flower Show on the BBC. We were reminded by Monty Don that these are show gardens and therefore cannot approximate to real gardens in terms of their longevity. The plants used are straight from nurseries where they would have been cajoled into flowering or being at their peak. In my real garden - the plants have to deal with weather, pests and me the garden maker.

There was a distinct trend towards naturalism this year - so that cheered me up somewhat - one thing my garden is is naturalistic - it is weedy - but intentionally so - for the insects. I put up with the so called pests because they are food for the birds.

So if you want to see a garden that has been made for the insects and birds - and for humans to sit in and relax, to hide away and think - then come to the Coal Tip Cloister Garden and Rhos Y Bedw in Ystalyfera and help raise money for nursing charities. www.ngs.org.uk/find-a-garden










We open 12pm-5pm on both days.

Paul.

Comments

  1. My kind of garden and I'd come if it were possible. Good luck and hope the weathe is kind on your open days.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weariness and the NGS

Letter to Monty Don 48

Monty, where does the road take us ?