Home

Dear reader,




Home again at the start of astronomical summer.
The days get shorter now
I am short
Diminutive

I have diminutive thoughts
Thoughts that lead nowhere
Then I remember that the quest is over
I no longer need to search for rest

Rest is here
In the deep parts of the earth

I am earth bound
But this is not a bad thing
Heaven can be here
Even if tied up
Locked in a sparrow
Waiting to be freed from our despoiling dominion

A honey bee feeds on bramble flowers
Then I see many honey bees - the same species I saw earlier in the year
Very very dark almost black abdomen

This wild patch - this cheap garden
Has riches beyond posh hard landscaping
Jealousy is such an empty vessel !

I search for rest in the wrong places
And when I stop searching I find it
In a black bodied bee
On an overgrown slope
At the edge of my garden.


Paul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to Monty Don 48

Weariness and the NGS

Monty, where does the road take us ?